My blog tends to focus on health and well being as well as Lincoln NH massage and Yoga. I read a great article about ways in which we can continue the mind-set of earth day and be a little more green every day. Sorry Kermit, it turns out, it really IS easy bein’ green!
Here are just a few ideas we can all do very easily that will make a difference in our own lives and in the world. Remember, think global, act local.
- Carpool to the office.
- Wear your clothes a few times before washing, including pants, sweaters, and items that don’t collect a lot of dirt.
- Turn off water when brushing your teeth.
- Buy local and freeze leftovers, like herbs, in-season produce, etc.
- Plant your own organic garden.
- Practice rainwater harvesting.
- Use reusable shopping bags. Keep them handy so you don’t forget!
- Use reusable water bottles and reusable coffee mugs.
- Buy used items and donate or sell your own.
- Buy organic produce when possible — fertilizers and pesticides are ruining our soil.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room, and try using natural lighting if you’re home during the day.
- Spend more time outside and less time watching TV and on the computer.
- Buy used books or e-books.
(You can read the full article here)